- The Data Protection Act 1998 55 EAST makes every effort to comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act
- Use of Personal Information Personal information provided to 55 EAST via 55 EAST website (www.hatchenterprise.org), membership forms, fundraising responses, emails and telephone calls will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or registration in accordance with the preferences you express. Personal data collected and processed by 55 EAST may be used, for the following purposes: a. Administration of membership(s). b. Fulfilment of orders for goods and services requested. c. Administration of donations and legacies. d. In-house research and statistical analysis. e. Communication about its conservation, membership, fundraising and other activities. f. Communication about special offers from carefully selected organisations that make a financial contribution to 55 EAST’s funds. Processing personal data for the above purposes may entail sharing the information with employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors of 55 EAST and other carefully selected organisations. Written agreements exist between 55 EAST and such parties that there must be no further disclosure of such personal data.
- Use of Data For Direct Marketing by post and telephone At each point of data collection or registration you are given options to opt-out from being sent future direct marketing material from 55 EAST or other carefully selected organisations by post or telephone. Where you do not opt-out of such communications, 55 EAST may send you information on its research, membership, fundraising and other activities and those of other carefully selected organisations. If at any time you want to alter your preferences or request that 55 EAST stop communicating with you in this way then you should write to the address shown in section 8.
- Use of Data for email At each point of data collection or registration you are given the option to opt-in to receiving email marketing from 55 EAST. Where you do opt-in to such communications, HATCH ENTERPRISE may provide information on its conservation, membership, fundraising and other activities and those of carefully selected organisations. If at any time you want to alter your preferences or request that The 55 EAST stop communicating with you in this way then you should write to the address shown in section 8.
- Accessing your personal data held by the 55 EAST You have the right to ask 55 EAST, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you (this is known as a 'subject access request') upon payment of a fee of £10. If you would like to access your personal data held by 55 EAST, please apply in writing to: Governance Manager 55 EAST 245a Coldharbour Lane, SW9 8RR, London
- Verifying, updating and amending your personal information If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to: 55 EAST 245a Coldharbour Lane, SW9 8RR, London Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of receipt of your request. If subsequently you make a data protection instruction to 55 EAST, which contradicts a previous instruction (or instructions), then 55 EAST will follow your most recent instruction.
- Security The 55 EAST holds your personal data in accordance with the security provisions of the UK Data Protection legislation. We use industry standard Secure Server Software (SSL) for your transactions with us. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. If you have any questions about security please contact 55 EAST on: 02079930074
- Attendance at Events 55 EAST uses Eventbrite to collect information on your attendance at events visits. This data includes the events you have visited, the date that you went and your membership number. The 55 EAST will undertake customer analysis on this data to allow us to understand visiting trends. We will also use this information to enable us to provide better marketing communications that will be tailored to your habits. However, we will always respect your decision on receiving marketing information and will never send you any marketing where you have indicated previously that you do not want to be contacted.